Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Who Knew?

 

I had no idea that tufting had become popular so much that studios were opening until I saw this place that has opened recently. I didn't really know what it was and thought it was like the rug hooking of olden days but apparently it uses guns that fire tufts of fabric through a framed design and then the ends are trimmed. I guess that you discover new things every day. 

Taking part in Signs2. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world. 

14 comments:

  1. I found them on Instagram, RedPat, cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that craze has hit Edmonton yet, but what do I know? Love the Beckoning Cat sign in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose it goes a lot quicker than hooking?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I had no idea that tufting was so popular either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I learned something too! I had no idea what this was so I just Googled it. That's a craft I hadn't heard of before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tufting is new to me. I never came across it before. Thanks for the information. Using a gun to shoot tufts of fabric just seems so American.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A learning moment, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In Frankfurt gibt es einen Laden in dem man Tufting lernen kann. Mit wenig Übung schafft man in einigen Stunden einen selbst entworfenen Teppich.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve never heard of tufting before. I need to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard of this, but didn't know it was this popular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It’s amazing how even an ancient craft can be reinvented into something so modern and fashionable

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had not heard of tufting, I love to learn about things new to me.

    ReplyDelete