There are actually still pay phones around although I don't know if you can pay with coins. I didn't look carefully. This one was down on the platform of one of our subway stations.
There are few of these still in operation. We now all carry our cell phones to make phone call beside all their other functions. I also photograph pay phones, if I find them.
Our few remaining ones are free to use for calls and texts. It was cheaper to make them free than mess about with adding technology and coin collection.
13 comments:
Strange that such modern things are so quick obselete again. Outdated due to recent developments.
We have phone booths left, but they often have heartstarters in them these days.
Haven't seen one of those in years!
It is surprising to see.
They are disappearing the way of the dinosaurs.
I have collected photos of them in the past, but they are getting so hard to find now!
Great find! They are a rare sight these day but every now and then I'll see one.
There are few of these still in operation. We now all carry our cell phones to make phone call beside all their other functions. I also photograph pay phones, if I find them.
Good to see, wish there were more.
I haven't seen one of these for a long time.
Our few remaining ones are free to use for calls and texts. It was cheaper to make them free than mess about with adding technology and coin collection.
It is good to know they are there in case of emergency.
Take care, Happy Monday. Have a wonderful week!
Here in Australia the former "pay phones" have been free to use for a few years, and you can even call mobile phones.
Post a Comment