Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Play At The Park

Boxes similar to this one have appeared at many parks around the city. Sponsored by Canadian Tire stores they are linked to an app that allows you to access the equipment for free and play and then return the equipment when finished. The things provided depend on what facilities are in the park so some have soccer balls, volleyball balls and others like this one have paddles and balls to be used on the park ping pong table. It is a great idea.

Taking part in Signs2. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.
 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...good for Canadian Tire!

Andrew said...

Great idea, and I expect to see it here soon.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

That's a great thing!

eileeninmd said...

Yes, it is a great idea! Take care, have a great day!

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope it works!

Anvilcloud said...

Great idea by a Canadian corporation.

Sharon said...

That is a great idea and great opportunity for people to enjoy the park spontaneously.

Bill said...

Excellent idea sponsored by a Canadian business.

Taken For Granted said...

What a great idea for the park. All one needs to do is register with your phone, use the equipment, and then return it to the box for the next player. I love seeing this sign.

jennyfreckles said...

Excellent idea. It'll help get people moving.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love that idea.

Iris Flavia said...

Wow! I think, RedPat, if you tried that here, the box would be empty for good soon....