Saturday, August 22, 2026

Resting Up

 

Sometimes on a warm afternoon you just have to take a break and this squirrel was resting up before it could start foraging for treats again. It is a busy time of year for them with everyone's veggie gardens full of nice ripe produce.

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world. 

17 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, such a cutie, RedPat! 18C here.

Andrew said...

What a great photo.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Siesta time!

Anvilcloud said...

Afternoon naps can be important to living a good life. :)

Tom said...

...I will never forget the first time that I saw your black squirrels!

Taken For Granted said...

It is always fun to watch the antics of Squirrels. They do sometimes need a rest as this one clearly does. Great shot, RedPat.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

How cute!

carol l mck said...

Great photo of the snoozing Black squirrel ~ I remember seeing them and being fascinated by them when I was in Toronto ~ thanks ~ Hugs ^_^
https://anartistreflects.com

eileeninmd said...

Cute photo of the squirrel. I do not see Black squirrels here.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Sharon said...

That is exactly how I felt yesterday afternoon! :-)

Villrose said...

Even squirrels need a break. Good shot!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful squirrel. We are all taking it easy here...too HOT! Hugs, Diane

jennyfreckles said...

A good capture. We rarely see squirrels sitting still!

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

Nice photo of the squirrel resting. We have too many squirrels in our yard and they steal all the birdseed.

s.c said...

Really lovely.

21 Wits said...

Wait, what you're too full to eat any more?!

Jenn Jilks said...

Very cute.