Saturday, May 11, 2013

Willcocks Street

Willcocks is a short street most of which runs through the University of Toronto campus but the last block of the street is on the other  side of Spadina Ave from the campus and it is a beautiful little enclave of old Victorian homes. They are part of the Harbord Village Heritage Conservation District which means that the exterior characteristics of the homes must be maintained in their present state. The nice thing about this block is that all the homes still have their original exterior features intact although I have been inside a couple of them and they were quite modern inside. This was also part of Jane's Walk from last weekend.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

what a pretty row of houses!

William Kendall said...

I may have seen this street recently. I've been passing through Toronto in the last couple of weeks, and I was up near the university while in between transits.

Beautiful shot.

Karen said...

I love that colour green!

Lúcia said...

They are beautiful! ;-)

Deb said...

Lovely old houses, I have always wanted to live somewhere with a veranda!

Jack said...

Maintaining historic homes and neighborhoods with sensible architectural restrictions makes a lot of sense to me. This street could be Exhibit A.

Randy said...

I do like that White one!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful street. It reminds me of that iconic street in San Francisco that is on so many post cards.

Mo said...

Oh I love streets like this. I could be tempted to live here.

Andy said...

As you know I have been strolling through this area with my camera. I noticed that even though it is a older part of the city the homes are well maintained in bright exterior colours. Looks good.

Anonymous said...

That is indeed a very picturesque street, wonderful!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I love that the exteriors are preserved Pat, it's so fantastic to come across areas like this, I wouldn't mind living in a really old house, as long as it didn't have a resident ghost :)

Unknown said...

So lovely!

EG CameraGirl said...

I like very much the look of this street. I am not a city person but I think I could live there.