Thursday, July 27, 2017

Old Town

The St Lawrence Market neighbourhood is the oldest part of the city and I thought I would show you a closer view of the buildings that were behind the dog fountain of last week. These three buildings on Front St E were built in the 1870s and have now been lovingly restored and house offices and retail spaces but were originally warehouses. The one on the left is the only  building remaining in the city with a totally cast-iron facade. The one in the middle was the model for the patterns in the wonderful mural on the Flatiron Building which we saw last week. 

14 comments:

Karl said...

I like these old buildings, Pat !

Adam said...

reminds me of some of our downtown buildings in my city. Not quite sure their age I'm afraid

eileeninmd said...

Hello, they are beautiful old buildings. They look similar to buildings in downtown Baltimore. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Sharon said...

These are wonderful old buildings and I'm so glad they were preserved. I like the the look of the cast-iron building.

Anonymous said...

Take away the wide road and the high rise buildings and it could be in Europe.

21 Wits said...

A bit of the majestic and the new!

Lea said...

Magnificent!

William Kendall said...

Wonderful architecture.

Christine said...

Classic & beautiful & I see the sign says Winners which suits this restoration perfectly!

Bill said...

Grand old buildings, I like them!

Revrunner said...

Cast iron. Fascinating!

jennyfreckles said...

Such lovely old buildings.

Jack said...

It is an attractive part of town with architecturally interesting facades.

UplayOnline said...

Take away the wide road and the high rise buildings and it could be in Europe.

การ์ตูนโป๊, jav