Sunday, October 21, 2018

Under The Old Mill Subway Station

I've been showing you various pics from along the Humber River walking trail and several weeks ago I finally went back to get some pics of the wonderful art found on the trail as it runs under the Old Mill subway station. This is near where I showed you the canoes a couple of weeks ago. The First Nation artist Phil Cote painted scenes on each side of the supports depicting the Anishnaabe creation story. You can see some of them here as well as another photographer just to the right of the closest section. I will show you a close-up of the one of the left tomorrow and the rest scattered over the next few weeks.  
Taking part in Monday Murals. Click HERE to see more murals from around the world.

23 comments:

Tom said...

...you have shown similar mural, I like these.

Lea said...

Very good!
I will enjoy seeing the close-up photos, too!

Connie said...

Very cool, it almost looks like a ship in the water :)

Taken For Granted said...

What a great art project. It does make all that concrete look better. Nice photo too.

Bill said...

Very cool, it stands out in that location.

Mike said...

I can see why the old mill went out of business.

Revrunner said...

Looks like someone else was taking pictures, too. :-)

William Kendall said...

Dazzling colours!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Awesome art!

Catalyst said...

It seems like an odd place for a subway station. Does the channel ever have water in it?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful colorful murals. Happy Sunday, have a great new week ahead!

Mae Travels said...

Your picture makes me think how the people in the trains above never know what they are missing! Interesting that it is by a First Nations artist, too.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Kay said...

These look like beautiful murals. I'm looking forward to closer views.

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

definitely more boat than subway station

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful, but it kinda looks "unfinished"...

Sami said...

Certainly makes all that concrete look so much better!
Thanks for contributing :)

s.c said...

I now realize that the blue let the subway station really float above the ground. Great.

Jenn Jilks said...

I really like these!

Kate said...

The first nation symbolism in both of our countries is fascinating. Great way to display murals and you did a great job of photographing these.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Darn you! LOL. This is "our" subway station and I just said that the next time we had time to kill waiting for the I would go down and check this out. I had just used Old Mill for Weekend Roundup alphabet meme.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Gosh that's quite an amazing sight Pat, very impressive endeavour!

Laura. M said...

Great idea to decorate the pillars of the bridge 👏

21 Wits said...

Wow, quite crafty of the artist, and I like that blue! Beautiful.