Saturday, August 8, 2026

Snack Time

I just managed to catch this shot of the female Cardinal just be fore she flew off so she is a bit out of focus. I think she was being protective of her snack since there were a bunch of sparrows foraging around her. Not as bright as the males they are still pretty birds. 

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.
 

8 comments:

Natalie Leung said...

Beautiful!

Iris Flavia said...

A sweet girl, RedPat!

Tom said...

...a fun visitor.

Taken For Granted said...

I love seeing female Cardinals. While not as flashy as the males, they are still beautiful. They often fly off when I reach for my camera, so you did great to get this shot.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Camouflaged for when she's on the nest, I bet.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Such a pretty bird!

Sharon said...

Very pretty. We don't see a lot of cardinals here but every now and then I will see one or two. I lover her bright red beak.

eileeninmd said...

The female cardinal is lovely. Great capture.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.