Saturday, August 15, 2026

UFO

 

I have been seeing this insect on various plants and surfaces for the last week but haven't figured out what it is. It looks a bit like a fly and a bit like some type of bee. Any ideas?

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world. 

8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Maybe a mini-alien, RedPat? Hope it´s friendly ;-)

Andrew said...

It does look fly like, and in quite a threatening pose.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Probably some alien lifeform here to conquer our planet and enslave us all.

Anvilcloud said...

No answers yet.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've seen some crazy looking robber flies. I wonder if it is one of those....or maybe it's a one of a kind alien! haha! Love it!

eileeninmd said...

It is an interesting insect, I like the shadows. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Sharon said...

That is a very alien looking insect. It looks like it has holes in its wings. I can see the light shining through. Maybe those are clear spots. And, it looks like its wearing some kind of armor. It's the kind of bug that I'd steer clear of.

jennyfreckles said...

No idea! But interesting.