Saturday, September 19, 2026

Keeping Warm

 

We had a cool morning a couple of weeks ago and I happened to be at the grocery store where there is a flock of about 20 pigeons who live around the parking lot. It was the first time I have ever seen them all down onto the asphalt trying to keep warm as it had been sunny earlier. There were pigeons hunkered down everywhere.

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world. 

17 comments:

Shiju Sugunan said...

It's sweet to see them all gathered together to stay warm.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good coping and survival skills!

Tom said...

...in Maui, the parking lots are full of free range chickens!

Taken For Granted said...

The season is changing rapidly to cooler fall weather. These pigeons are getting heat wherever they can find it. It will soon be much colder. Good catch.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Huh! That looks really unusual! I hope they don't get run over by a car.

Debbie said...

smart in staying together and keeping warm. i hope they are safe!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I hope the pigeon are safe and move fast when cars get close.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Rostrose said...

That is truly an interesting sight—I’ve never seen pigeons do that before!
All the best from Austria 🤗
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2026/09/sommerliche-tage-ein-bunter.html

Anvilcloud said...

Too cool for the coo-ers.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat! Watch out for those big tires though! haha! Hugs!

snobe casamang said...

Sweet photo and post ❤️

The Furry Gnome said...

Something I've never seen!

Iris Flavia said...

Also quite dangerous, I think, RedPat!

Jenn Jilks said...

The poor little things!

Michelle said...

I have never seen them do that!

Sharon said...

That looks like a dangerous place to warm up.

Mary Kirkland said...

That's cute.