Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Art In The Window


A local flooring company, Floorworks, gives their front window over to various artists for a couple of months at a time. This installation called "The Orphans" has just been installed by an artist group called AT.AW that has previously done a lot of street art of the paper graffiti type. With 14' tall walls this window provides a huge canvas for the orphans who are said to be a "reflection of the chaotic anonymity of urban life"!
I showed a previous window from last year here.

11 comments:

LĂșcia said...

More companies could do the same.
It's amazing, Toronto has so many talented artists! ;-)

Sharon said...

Very interesting. I'd love to see it up close. A lot of work went into that.

Lowell said...

That is very clever and creative and I'm sure works out to be excellent advertising, too. You live in a very interesting city!

Deb said...

I bet it certainly gets people looking in the window who would otherwise walk by. Good for them.

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Good for them, always a plus in my book when artists are given public space. These are fascinating, I really like last years too, the colors were so fun.

VioletSky said...

Love the walls, but that headless doll in the chair is a bit creepy.

Regina K said...

I like the idea of giving a window to different artist. I would want to follow the changing artist displays.

Halcyon said...

A very interesting interpretation.

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Put a smile on my face. Great idea by the retailer to grab the attention of the public.

Randy said...

Very cute!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I totally agree with La P.E. it's great when artists are given legal space and hopefully money too, to show off their skills. I can see how the title works, but I'd love to know the process an artist goes through to arrive at this spot!!