Saturday, November 22, 2014
This large Annex home was designed by architect Frederick H. Herbert and was built in 1896. It was a single family home until the 1960s when it was turned into a group home for women which resulted in many features being lost and rooms divided up with fire doors everywhere. In 2003 it was purchased with the intent to restore it to its former glory, a process that involved replastering, having stained glass replicated by the original company, rebuilding stone stairs, and extensive brick work. Today the house is once again a single family dwelling and has been given heritage designation.