Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Duck Horde


I stopped by James Gardens to see how the flowers and creatures were surviving after our long stretch of heat and humidity. As soon as I got out of my car these ducks, who had all been sleeping near the pond in the background, jumped up and started walking towards me like a horde of zombies. They obviously thought I might have food and were greatly disappointed when I didn't. 

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.

16 comments:

Lea said...

Ducks in the parks are the same here, always looking for a handout!
Have a blessed day!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

That is funny, just watching all those waddling up to you. They are used to being fed, which is not good. Cute photo. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

The ducks here are feeling the pinch too now that the children have gone back to school!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness...that's a lot of ducks! I think I see a turtle on a rock too! What a neat place!

Sharon said...

That is quite a lot of ducks in one place. They must do pretty good with the handouts at this location.

Taken For Granted said...

Not healthy for the ducks to be fed by people, but a perfect opportunity for your camera.

Andy said...

Awesome! I wonder who taught them to social distance.

Bill said...

Great shot! That's a lot of disappointed ducks.

Michelle said...

That is a lot of ducks! Holy Cow!

The Furry Gnome said...

That's quite the horde coming to get you!

Catalyst said...

That may have been a bit scary.

21 Wits said...

Oh my goodness! I do wonder what sort of rally they are attending!

Marleen said...

Haha seems they were all waiting for you.

s.c said...

Free food? It's the same everywhere I am afraid.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

They are lovely!

Debbie said...

awwww yes, they sure did think they were going to get fed!!!