Tuesday, December 7, 2021

A Yorkville Home


I have been wandering around a lot in residential areas lately as there are fewer people around and I don't have to worry about crowds plus I have found some real beauties. This semi-detached home in the Yorkville neighbourhood was built in 1885 and has heritage designation as do almost all of the other homes on its street. I love the distinguished looks of it and the yellow bricks are not the usual red bricks that we see. There looks to be a modern addition to the back of it. I will show you a close-up tomorrow of the sign that is barely visible below the street number.

11 comments:

Sharon said...

That is a beauty. Those light colored bricks are attractive.

Tom said...

...I prefer red brick!

Taken For Granted said...

That is a cosy looking house, and I can see a hint of a modern addition on the back.

Bill said...

Very attractive house. The brown trim works well with the light brick which I like too.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

An interesting looking building.

Revrunner said...

Yep, can't see that back addition, but it doesn't appear to be anything like the original.

William Kendall said...

That has a lot of appeal.

Iris Flavia said...

And a Porsche at hand, too (is it?).

s.c said...

Looks nice in front.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is a cute place, I like the light colored brick, porch and balcony.
Take care, have a happy day!

Cloudia said...

I agree, a beauty Pat