Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Wonderful Music At The Parade


 Our St Patrick's Day parade is as multi-cultural as our city and one of the star groups in this year's parade for me was the York Lions Steel Band. There is something wonderful about the sound from a steel band. The band is made up of young people from York which is one of the areas of the city and they perform at many events around town. Lucky for them the sun had come out while they were going along Bloor St.

Taking part in Signs 2. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

13 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

Steel bands sound great. This one also looks great in your photo.

Tom said...

...the York Lions Steel Band were the stars of a parade in Palmyra, NY years ago!

Anvilcloud said...

You do have a lot of diversity.

Sharon said...

I can almost hear them! What fun.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Wow!

Cloudia said...

I can hear the music in your photographs! Nice. Pat, Aloha!

roentare said...

Fun drum hitting

William Kendall said...

That sound really carries.

Andrew said...

I don't think I've ever heard a steel band on its own. I can imagine the sound.

Stefan Jansson said...

I can hear them play!

eileeninmd said...

Cool! I wish I could hear them play!
Take care, have a great day!

s.c said...

Looks like a nice to view and hear sensation.

Jenn Jilks said...

I went to an arts camp between husband, and played these. What a blast!