Thursday, November 3, 2011

Samba On Dundas Mural


It was such a beautiful weekend that I decided to wander along Dundas St W in the Little Portugal area which is also understandably heavy with Brazilian stores and bakeries. I discovered a series of murals along the street which were all designed by the same artist, Jose Ortega, who was born in Ecuador but now lives here and is the artistic director of the Lula Lounge, a Latin night club and event space on the street. Ortega has also designed 2 murals for the New York subway system and even postage stamps. This Samba mural was just recently completed in time for the "Samba On Dundas" festival which took place in September - I love the colours and movement! More murals to come for the next few days.

18 comments:

Lúcia said...

I love the colours if this mural!
You should try "brigadeiro" (chocolate balls) and "pão de queijo" (chesse bread), delicious... ;-)

Sharon said...

Wow, this really does have gorgeous colors to it.

EG CameraGirl said...

I like the colours and the feeling of movement.

Regina K said...

Love this.

Paul in Powell River said...

It would be a treat to walk down the street and run into that!

Anonymous said...

Like!

Michael Rowland said...

Wow! I'd like to dance like that tonight!,,,M

Kay L. Davies said...

Definite feeling of movement. Very well done, and well photographed, too.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Lowell said...

I don't see how anyone could walk down the street, look at this, and not smile!

Halcyon said...

I love the bright colors! Fantastic mural.

Anonymous said...

I like the drummer spanning the doorway...

Virginia said...

Now that rocks my boat!!!!
V

Randy said...

Now that is FUN!

King of New York Hacks said...

Awesome...love his work.

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Ooooo love this, you can see the samba in the movement. Just wonderful

Babzy.B said...

beautiful mural :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That mural just makes you want to DO the Samba Red!! Great find.

VioletSky said...

I love this one - so fluid - almost makes you want to dance just looking at it!