Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On The Wall

I found this wall piece at the same condo complex as the large fishing bobs of a couple weeks ago, the bear on the very tall stand, and also the red piece from Saturday. As part of new development in Toronto there has to be an art component and since this is a large complex there are a lot of interesting pieces and more arriving as more buildings appear. I couldn't find any info on the artist of this one (it may be Francisco Gazitau) but I quite like it and it certainly turns a boring wall into a thing of interest.

14 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It certainly does Pat, how fab are the shadow it creates and they'd change depending on the time of day, pretty cool!

Karen said...

The shadows cast are pretty cool!

Sharon said...

This is an interesting piece but, I'm thinking they might need to fix the way it's mounted so those rust stains can be eliminated.

LĂșcia said...

The shadows add a lot to the piece, very nice! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Art is a requirement in Toronto? What a great city!

Lowell said...

A most interesting metallic piece of geometry! Reminds me a bit of an aircraft engine cowling. Or maybe a fly on a wall? :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I very much like the shadow the piece creates.

Leslie D. said...

wow magnificent. Looks like a cross between a satellite and something I wouldn't want to find crawling on the wall near my bed.

Marleen said...

An interesting piece to look at. Different!

William Kendall said...

Quite peculiar, Pat!

Deb said...

It looks like something you might use to navigate by!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of Apollo 11!

Birdman said...

Where do shadows begin and end?

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Wow - gorgeous. Really unique.