Friday, April 5, 2013

Stardust

This is the 2nd part of yesterday's installation of "Stardust & Time" by John McEwen and it consists of several of these large sheets of corten steel that have had numerous stars and arrows cut out of them and are mounted along the walls of the courtyard. I love the richness of the corten steel and have found some pics of the pieces lit up from behind at night where the stars glow but you don't see the wonderful colour of the steel so I think I'll go for daytime.

9 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Came back specifically to see the rest of this fascinating installation! Would love to see it in real --and at night as well

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It certainly is a rich coppery rust colour Pat, seems to me that a lot of this could be lost at night, unless it was lit really well.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous colours, I'm sure it looks spectacular at night too.

Sharon said...

There is something about the rust color of these that is very appealing to me.

Unknown said...

it needs to be even better to see it alive!

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Those take my breath away.

Anonymous said...

Cool sheets!

EG CameraGirl said...

The colour is rich, very pretty.

William Kendall said...

That I really do like!