This painting on a garage door along Croft St shows a stylized map of Toronto and its harbour with the Toronto Islands at the bottom. The Islands became separated from the mainland in 1858 when a very violent storm washed out that very narrow connection to the right so this depiction is from before then. The rivers and creeks shown are the Humber River on the left and the Don River on the right, both of which are still visible. The other creeks and streams have all been buried under city pavement and infrastructure over the years although there is a move afoot to try to uncover at least part of them. The little White Pelican at the bottom left is also no longer here.
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.