Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Grandeur At The Exhibition

This is the Ontario Government building found on the Exhibition grounds. It was built in 1926 to provide space for provincial government displays during the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) but since 2000 it has been used as the Liberty Grand, an event and banquet space. The Beaux Arts building underwent extensive restoration in 2001 and is beautiful inside. I'll show you some more of it tomorrow.
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

17 comments:

Andy said...

Another blast from the past. Looking forward to your post tomorrow.

21 Wits said...

That is something! Bring us more.

s.c said...

Looks very French to me.

Tom said...

...grand for sure!

Christine said...

It's an architectural style I like very much. The dome too is beautiful & I'll be looking forward to seeing the inside!

Lowell said...

A stunning and grand building...if the interior matches the exterior, we're in for a real treat!

Sharon said...

What a beautiful building. It reminds me of some the exhibition buildings that remain in Chicago and St. Louis.

Lois said...

Oh wow! It is beautiful. I love those columns!

William Kendall said...

That is beautiful!

Taken For Granted said...

This is a grand exhibition hall entrance. Looks like it could have been a building in Paris,.

Revrunner said...

A building with real character.

Cloudia said...

I love the architecture

Bill said...

It's a beauty Pat and I love those columns.

Michelle said...

Quite a grand place!

VioletSky said...

Ooh, I'll look forward to that. Haven't been inside there in over 20 years. Still a beautiful building on the outside.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Architecture from my very favourite time period Pat, it's too too fabulous!

Lesley said...

There are some beautiful buildings at Exhibition Place.