Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Rebirth


 There had been a corner store in this building in a neighbourhood near me. It was run by a very elderly couple who lived upstairs and was really popular with the local kids at lunch time. The store closed a couple of years ago and then a while ago the building was put up for sale. I though that it would be turned into all residential but the purchasers totally renovated the building and opened this nice looking shop a little while ago. I haven't been in yet but this day when I walked by the sign in the door said that they had fresh sourdough bread.  I have to stop in soon.

Taking part in Signs 2. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

16 comments:

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

It's great that a new business came to the scene.

Anvilcloud said...

I can almost smell and taste the bread.

Taken For Granted said...

Good to see a small neighborhood shop open. They are becoming rare, and real bakeries are even more rare.

Sharon said...

They did a good job fixing it up. It looks appealing and fresh sourdough bread sounds appealing.

Tom said...

..I love this storefront, there are several of this style here!

Bill said...

The shop looks very nice.

William Kendall said...

And ice cream too.

roentare said...

This is a cosy wonderful shop to enjoy

Michelle said...

This looks like a nice place and who doesn't love sourdough?!

Andrew said...

It is nice to see some originality retained, with its entranced flanked by 'Toronto chairs'. I hope it is a successful business.

s.c said...

Looks good.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I still have a shop just 5 minutes walk from me, but so many have disappeared from our towns and villages.

Cloudia said...

Fresh sourdough bread! You lucked out

jennyfreckles said...

It looks smart and trendy. Sourdough bread is good, even the gluten free stuff I have to have tastes OK.

Jack said...

Good to have a mix of residential and retail. This looks like a good one. I hope they succeed.

21 Wits said...

It's a lovely building and has a welcoming feel to it!