Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Memories


I just found an old scrapbook a few days ago and found ticket stubs to old Beatles concerts. This one is from 1964 which was the first time the Beatles played here. My Dad had some connections and got me tickets and my Mum actually drove me and some friends to the airport in the middle of the night to see them arrive. The day after the newspapers were filled with pics and stories all of which I glued into the scrapbook. Check out the price of the ticket!

11 comments:

William Kendall said...

Big money in those days.

Sharon said...

That is amazing to see. You were so lucky to get to see them back then. I simply can't believe the ticket was just $4.00. That is even more amazing. Great memories.

Taken For Granted said...

We listened to Beatles music all the time back then. Ah, the music track of our youth. Great find.

Bill said...

Back in the day that was a spendy price. It's cool that you still have the ticket stub.

Anvilcloud said...

I remember getting good hockey seats for around that price and that time.

roentare said...

Interesting signs with wear and tear

Revrunner said...

Probably a highly sought after collectable.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Four dollars! That's just $1 per Beatle.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is a great memory. I still love listening to the Beatles.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

s.c said...

Thats indeed a great memory proofed by irrefutable evidence. Good for you.

Laura. M said...

Grandes recuerdos amiga. Me encantan los Beatles. fue la buena música de nuestra juventud.
Un abrazo.