Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Glidden Ghost Sign

I spotted this ghost sign along a very narrow walkway between 2 buildings so it was hard to take a decent pic. If you look carefully it is for Glidden Endurance Paints - Varnish and the bottom line says J P Parker which must have been the name of the store where the paint was sold. And right below where it says Glidden there is small writing that says Everywhere Everytime. The building now houses a barber shop.
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

20 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great find. The ghost signs are cool! Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Sharon said...

Another great ghost sign find. Glidden is still in business even if J P Parker isn't.

Cloudia said...

Nice find, nice work!

s.c said...

Indeed nice sign.

Lowell said...

This sign may be a disappearing ghost, but interestingly, Glidden Paints continues strong! I think that's a colorful thought!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a find Pat.. and what good eyes you have, I'm not sure if I would have been able to read that!

Christine said...

This is really cool! Very well spotted!

LOLfromPasa said...

Oh I do love seeing these.

Bill said...

What a great find of a nice sign. Nice shot!

William Kendall said...

I love how these endure long after the shop is gone.

Tom said...

I like it!

Lois said...

Well spotted and I think you did a great job photographing it. I love these old ghost signs!

Revrunner said...

Still producing and selling paint here in the D.C. area, I think.

Andy said...

Great find Pat. I love these ghost signs.

Catalyst said...

Good catch, Pat.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Amazing how these ghost signs survive so well. A fascinating one.

21 Wits said...

Very nice, these are so cool to happen upon!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Excellent...I love a good ghost sign...you did well to maneuver around for such a good picture in a narrow alley

Lesley said...

Oh my, I'd forgotten about Glidden Paints!

Taken For Granted said...

Looks like the Glidden Paint on the ghost sign held up fairly well. That is a good ad for the paint.