Friday, May 6, 2016

Home With A View

I do sometimes get out of downtown Toronto and this house is one I spotted in the Etobicoke neighborhood which is in the west end of the city not far from James Gardens. The view from the back of this house overlooks the St George's Golf and Country Club which is one of the top 100 golf courses in the world. The Tudor Revival home was built in the 1930s by the developer of the golf course and the neighborhood for himself and he chose the site well. When the leaves on the trees come out this one will be very hidden from the street.

15 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the Tudor style homes. Lovely place!
Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Lowell said...

Golf course, too? OK! I'll buy it. Send me the paper work as soon as possible. See you in Toronto!

Well, hey a guy can dream, right?

Tom said...

the view of the house is grand

Cloudia said...

It's good to be king (of the neighborhood :)

LOLfromPasa said...

Beautiful place and so reminds me of England.

Christine said...

Some don't like this mock Tudor style but I really like it. It's a super house set well back in the trees.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's a beautiful old home Pat. I wonder if they ever get any golf balls through the windows. A friend of mine had a house overlooking a gold course and she regularly had golf balls coming through her kitchen window :)

Sharon said...

Oh, I do love this place. There is something about Tudor that just appeals to me in a big way.

William Kendall said...

Quite a beautiful house!

Lois said...

It is a pretty house. I do like that style.

Revrunner said...

You could burn a lot of gas just getting out of the driveway. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

nice looking place.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful tudor styled house.

Jack said...

Isn't this one a beauty! There are many Tudor houses from the 1920s and 1930s in greater Hartford. This makes me feel like I am back up there. (Another ten days.)

21 Wits said...

I've always thought having a light like that at the end of my driveway would be so cool, of course it wouldn't look as nice as this, since I live in the country!