Monday, October 10, 2011

The North Sea


At the back of the garden belonging to yesterday's house there is a public walkway which runs along the edge of the cliff in Cromer. This is the wonderful view of the North Sea from the walkway! This area is known for its fresh crabs and as you walk along the beach you can see all the markers for the traps out in the water. You can walk east along the beach or the cliffside walkway to the next town, Overstrand, which is just 1.5 mi away - super for walking the dog as you can see if you enlarge this pic.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!

14 comments:

LĂșcia said...

Wow, I have to admit, I fell a little envious!
Beautiful and poetic shot, with great hues!
Well done RedPat! :)

Anonymous said...

Marvelous capture!

Paul in Powell River said...

Beautiful!

Michael Rowland said...

thanks for giving us a look around Britain ,,,M

EG CameraGirl said...

Oh so that's how the fishers know where to find their traps!

Hope you are enjoying a happy Thanksgiving!

Linda said...

Ooh, our own little North Sea!

jennyfreckles said...

I can feel the fresh air from here. The man and the dog give scale here.

Regina K said...

Wonderfully captured, what a treat to find a person and their dog alone on a beach.

Randy said...

I'll bet that was a peaceful stroll.

Kay L. Davies said...

I love those long, low tides! My hometown, White Rock BC, has them, too. And also crab traps with markers.
And, yes, the North Sea. I put one toe into the North Sea at St. Andrews, Scotland, in 1996. My brothers were cowards but my 3-year-old grand-nephew wanted to do the same thing! Although it was August, it was very, very cold water.
I've enlarged your photo, then gone back to enlarge it again, so I could enjoy it again. Beautiful, and so serene.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Unknown said...

So very beautiful! Love the colours.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beautifully composed shot Red, man and dog on the beach..fabulous.

Halcyon said...

A beautiful beach shot.

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

What an absolutely gorgeous shot, so very very inviting.