Friday, October 21, 2011

Yorkshire Sculpture Park - Jaume Plensa 3


I will leave the Yorkshire Sculpture Park with another of Plensa's outdoor works, "Spiegel", that is located up a hill and as a result is visible from all over the park. Each of these 2 figures is just over 12 ft tall and is composed of hundreds of steel letters from 8 different alphabets which are then welded together to form the piece. I think the Plensa show is on until some time in January so if you have the chance try to see it. The show and the whole park is wonderful and I have only shown a tiny bit of the collection!
Enlarge to see the details.

12 comments:

LĂșcia said...

Another impressive work os this amazing artist!
It was a cool choice, the 8 different alphabets together. ;-)

Regina K said...

I bet these were spectacular to see in person. Large scaled works like these are so fun to explore up close.

Jack said...

This is excellent. I love it when I find a place where I can store up a pile of images. Then I go out the next day anyways and end up with more shots than I can fit in just one blog.

Paul in Powell River said...

More nice!!

Kay L. Davies said...

Fascinating.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Anonymous said...

Great!

Sharon said...

I like these and I like the idea of making them out of letters.

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

Just phenomenal

Randy said...

Ooo this is my favorite so far.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Absolutely amazing sculptures in this Park Red, you have so got to admire the patience of the artists, the amount of work that goes into something like this is just mind boggling!! So happy you've taken all these shots, because it's the closest I'll get to seeing them.

EG CameraGirl said...

I feel like I would like to sit on the grass and chat with these two sculptures.

Lesley said...

I would like to sit off a little ways and eavesdrop on EG's 'chat'!