Wednesday, September 30, 2015

These Boots .....!

I wanted to give you an idea of the crowded sidewalks along King St during the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF). This pic was taken in front of the Royal Alexandra Theatre just down the block from 2 theatres showing films during TIFF. If you weren't going with the flow it was almost impossible to move along at times. I was there later at 10:30 pm when a nearby Blue Jays baseball game had just finished and movies were finishing and it was chaos along the sidewalks with so many people! 
Kinky Boots, a Broadway musical, has been here since July and has just been extended until December. 
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

24 comments:

Gosia said...

In Europe people love film festivals so the same at your place

Lowell said...

I want to know what "Kinky Boots" is all about. And it does look like you had some nice, warm weather.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What a hectic time Pat. I haven't seen the musical but I looooooved the movie, so good!

Anonymous said...

TIFF is clearly going down a storm!

William Kendall said...

I find it curious these days that so many musicals are essentially just reworking a movie.

VP said...

I saw a lot of ads around London for this show...

Luis Gomez said...

Love it! Kinky Boots is great.

Halcyon said...

Exciting times!

21 Wits said...

....are made for walking and that's just what they'll do....! Great sign and capture of the crowds!

Andy said...

That is one kinky sign.

Tom said...

My wife just went to see the musical and loved it.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Certainly a crowded street and it is a time when not travelling with the flow can be rather dangerous. Love the design of the sign.

Kitty said...

ah! I dislike crowds too!
Mark's mom saw the production and liked it.

TexWisGirl said...

glad it gets great turn-out.

Revrunner said...

Oh--kay! :-)

Taken For Granted said...

I've seen the movie Kinky Boots, and loved it. I'm sure the play is good also. There are some really sad parts in it, but it does have a happy ending. Great street photography.

Nonnie said...

wow, that's a lot of events happening at the same time. I had not heard of either the play or movie. I'd say that it's a success staying that long in one city.

Lesley said...

I wouldn't mind seeing Kinky Boots.

Stephanie said...

I like the ambiance of this image.

EG CameraGirl said...

Yep, it does look busy! Toronto can be such an exciting place to be!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Busy but exciting.... I'm looking forward to enjoying City life, but on a much much smaller scale here in Eugene.

Unknown said...

"Kinky Boots"... Cool name! :-)

Laura. M said...

There is much life on the sidewalk!!

Jack said...

So, were you at the Jays game, or the movie, or at Kinky Boots? Such a busy girl.