Sunday, July 3, 2011

Isabel Bader Theatre


This small, elegant theatre is part of Victoria College at U of Toronto and serves as a theatre for the general public as well as a lecture hall for the college. Designed by Canadian architects Lett/Smith Architects who are well known for their theatre designs, it was constructed in 2001. Although modern, the use of simple, refined materials allows it to fit in with its neo-Gothic neighbours quite well. I took this pic in early May before the ivy on the wall had come out so I think another walk-by is in order!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the newer uses of stone those muti-toned granite tiles are so pleasing to the eye... (or at least I think it is granite)!

LĂșcia said...

Since the first time I saw here a picture of U of T I am fascinated with this place!
Wonderful theatre, I'd love to see other pics!
Cool shot! ;-)

Montreal Photo Daily said...

I love the combination of glass and stone here... It's got a Frank Lloyd Wright feel to this.
Very nice angled shot of the building RedPat. Have a nice evening.

Regina K said...

I love that stone work, I think it is granite also. Gives nice color to the building.

Randy said...

I like the granite look too. Nice shot.

Unknown said...

Fantastic! Love the wall in the foreground.

Kitty said...

there is a lot going on there with different types of stone. Pretty effective way to provide interest without any decoration at all.