Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Games Are Ending

Today the pinecone-shaped cauldron for the PanAm and ParaPanAm Games will go dark as the final closing ceremonies take place for the ParaPanAm event today. It has been an interesting month in the city without the traffic chaos that had been predicted by many! I took this pic from the stairs of the Rogers Centre where our Toronto BlueJays baseball team plays. In the middle right below our flag you can see some of the historic railway cars that are displayed in Roundhouse Park - I'll have to do a post on them one day.

19 comments:

VP said...

A great view...

TexWisGirl said...

glad it went better than expected!

21 Wits said...

Wow, this is a delightful, lovely view!

Taken For Granted said...

Thanks for pointing out the historic railway car. I might have missed it if you hadn't. Great that Toronto could host the games.

Gosia said...

modern city

Jackie McGuinness said...

I agree, that it has been a great month in Toronto! Great shot from the stairs.

Birdman said...

I'd like a peek inside one or two of those cars.

Karl said...

Great view, with so many components !

Stephanie said...

Nice view with our Canadian flag.

Sharon said...

This is a great photo looking out over the plaza with the flag flying in the foreground. I love it.

EG CameraGirl said...

The PanAm and ParaPanAm Games truly have been more exciting and less than a hassle as some people thought. I cannot believe it's nearly over already.

cieldequimper said...

I love all the photos you've shown us!

William Kendall said...

A good view. I've never been to the Roundhouse.

Can you imagine what these two events would have been like with a Ford still in the mayoral chair?

Revrunner said...

Oo! I like the way the flag pops out.

Cloudia said...

Gorgeous Maple Leaf flag!

Anonymous said...

Got yourself a good position for your shot!

Halcyon said...

The wind was just right to get the maple leaf at it's finest!

Jack said...

By the way, I have neglected to compliment you on how well the Blue Jays are playing. My Red Sox have been terrible, so I have shifted over to the Blue Jays for the rest of this season. Good luck!

Laura. M said...

Muy original .