Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Barn Four

I showed you Barn Five at the Wychwood Barns a couple of weeks ago and thought I'd show you another of the converted streetcar barns today. Barn Four has an open air space behind those doors with a brick bread oven and then further along its length it has been converted into a large greenhouse to grow food for local food banks. I'm standing in the children's playground to take this pic and those hoops and nozzles are part of the kid's water feature. You can see some of the open space of Barn Five off to the left. 
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

16 comments:

Cloudia said...

Cool composition, Pat

Christine said...

Great use of space and great photo!

Lea said...

Interesting!
Have a great day!

Sharon said...

That sounds like a very productive use for the building today and I'm fascinated by that children's water feature.

Revrunner said...

The greenhouse sounds like a great idea.

William Kendall said...

A good use of the property!

Lowell said...

Love the way you composed this photo...the eye is drawn right through those hoops to the barn doors. And what a wonderful place for kids and adults alike. Once again, Toronto gets it right!

Tom said...

...great shot.

Bill said...

That's a great use of space. Excellent composition, Pat.

Marleen said...

A great initiative. Nice photo!

Taken For Granted said...

Barn 4 looks like it might hold buses or street cars. Heavy duty doors.

Photo Cache said...

Quite interesting!

Andy said...

I am glad the barns were never demolished.

Laura. M said...

Buen foto Pat. Para qué sirven esos arcos??
Buen jueves🙋

Shammickite said...

I think I'll have to explore this area one day, it looks interesting. But I think I'll wait for a sunny day. It's cold this morning.

21 Wits said...

Clever design, and a very interesting place to check out I'm sure.