Sunday, March 15, 2020
De La Salle College
This building is the original mansion of the Oaklands estate which is found on Avenue Rd just south of St Clair Ave W. It was built in the 1860s and was a private home until being purchased by the Brothers of the Christian Schools and turned into a private Catholic school for boys in 1931. This Gothic Revival building has heritage protection and is now used as a residence for the brothers while the school activities take place in several other buildings. The school is now coed and offers classes from grade 5 to 12. Once again this is a view we only get in winter without the leaves on the trees.