Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Getting Ready


 When I took the shot of the leopard mural that I showed you yesterday I was on my way along Bloor St to see the floats that were lined up for the Santa Claus parade. The parade started at 12:30 but I was there by 9 am so that I could get up close. Along the way there were chairs like these ones that loyal family members carry down to the street to reserve good spots for the kids. Most of the people seemed to be grandparents who were then sitting out wrapped in blankets while they watched over their territory. I liked the assortment of chairs that this guy had put out. Some people even put down rugs to try to keep feet warm.

13 comments:

William Kendall said...

The parade here was a couple of weeks back. I missed it entirely.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Fun chairs.

Anvilcloud said...

That's the way to do it.

Taken For Granted said...

What a great street photo with all those chairs. I can feel the anticipation.

Bill said...

What a great photo. People all ready for the parade, don't know if I would sit in the cold.

Sharon said...

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to be the chair watcher/holder. It would be way too cold for my thin blood. I do like those colorful chairs.

roentare said...

These chairs look cute

jennyfreckles said...

It must get very chilly sitting still in winter. The rugs will be needed.

Catalyst said...

Just yesterday I was reading in a book by Gay Talese a memory of a story he wrote once about the very last marcher in a New York parade, a lone tuba player who finished in the dark, long after the crowds had gone home. Sad but an interesting story.

Cloudia said...

Everyone loves a parade. !

Iris Flavia said...

Yes to that! I am small and too often tall people block my sight when I think, please, you can look over my head easily...

Stefan Jansson said...

Sounds like a long wait.

eileeninmd said...

They are ready, great capture!
The parade sounds like a fun time.
Take care, have a great day!