This bicycle with the old milk crate mounted on back gave me a smile when I noticed the writing on the crate. It says 'basket' on the side and 'bike' on the back. It struck me as fun. Everyone seemed to have milk crates being used for something around the house at one time and they are the perfect size for vinyl Lps.

14 comments:
Lovely bicycle.
One may have had a milk crate to stand on or to store things, but my records were horizontally stacked.
That milk crate makes this bike handy for carrying large loads, like bringing home a load of groceries. My vinyl records are stored in a wooden fruit crate.
"Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!"
Yeah, i agree that it’s a bit fun.
You are so right, I see them used for all sorts of things. A bike basket works well. That would make grocery shopping on the bike much easier.
This is a neat idea, there is someone when we lived in Tauranga who use to take their cat and dog out in the crate that was on their bike, it was so cute.
You can still buy them! Although, I can't remember where I saw that. Getting' old!
A great bike basket!
Yes, they are old companions!
...it works.
Interesting you call that a milk crate, RedPat! Here we have them just as crate for anything. But I never saw one on a bike!
That is great humor!
Good one.
Post a Comment