Sunday, September 27, 2015

St Thomas's

St Thomas's Anglican Church is located right in the midst of the U of Toronto campus but isn't part of the university. It is a church of Anglo-Catholic tradition and was established in 1874 although this building was constructed in 1893. This Arts & Crafts church was designed by architect Eden Smith who designed many of the homes in Wychwood Park as well as 3 Carnegie libraries in the city, and several churches. Love that nice red door!
Taking part in Inspired Sunday. Click HERE to see more religious buildings from around the world.

22 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I remember that! (Four years at UofT).

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love the red door. & i am curious about those different shaped parts - i wonder what they look like inside? very cool. ( :

Lowell said...

I find this of great architectural interest. I'd love to take a tour! I can smell that old church smell down here! The red door is typical, as I think I mentioned previously, of Anglican and Episcopal churches.

Sharon said...

I love the architecture of this place and the bright red door.

Unknown said...

I like the brick walls. Great architecture.

Revrunner said...

Very attractive lines.

Gosia said...

it is not too big but nice. It look like mi=ost brick churches in Europe

VP said...

Fine architecture, handsome building!

William Kendall said...

It's a beautiful church. I've no doubt passed by it at some point, or at least near it.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i like it!

Cloudia said...

Love that red brick, of course I grew up in Philadelphia





ALOHA
ComfortSpiral
=^..^=

Tom said...

WOW three Carnegie libraries, impressive!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful red door on this church!

Linda said...

It has substance! And I'd like to see those windows from inside.

Aimeecakes said...

I like the lovely dappled light in this shot

Halcyon said...

A sturdy build. I love red brick.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Nice looking Brick Church

Andy said...

Nice one Pat. You will never run out churches in Toronto to photograph.

Anonymous said...

it looks very compact, and the door really stands out!

Jackie McGuinness said...

This is a lovely church.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love the architecture!

Jack said...

This is one of my favorite architectural styles.