Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Heritage Plaque

I love these historical plaques since they give you so much information while you are looking at the actual sight. I toured around Exhibition Place on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago and after viewing the Liberty Grand building which I showed you last week I happened upon this sign erected in 2012. I will show you the cabin tomorrow and in case you can't read this sign the cabin is the oldest known surviving house in Toronto having been built in 1794 and moved to Exhibition Place in 1879 for the first Canadian National Exhibition (CNE).  
Taking part in Signs, Signs. Click HERE to see more signs from around the world.

17 comments:

Taken For Granted said...

I also like these historic plaques. Good post for the Sighs, Signs site.

Lowell said...

Fascinating stuff...being an historian, I love these plaques too and am looking forward to seeing the cabin tomorrow/!

Sharon said...

I love finding places like this. It amazes me how these old places have survived and even thrived. It's always great when there are signs available that tell the story.

Lois said...

I like these kinds of historical markers too. Can't wait to see photos of the cabin!

William Kendall said...

Good that it has been preserved.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I enjoy reading these plaques too. They do provide a lot of information! Looking forward to seeing the cabin. Have a happy day!

Marleen said...

Signs like this one are worth studying.

Gosia said...

I love historical landmarks

Christine said...

I find them very helpful & concise.

Revrunner said...

Another very worthwhile blast from the past.

Jenn said...

I never pass a plaque without stopping lol! I also like the ones along the highways that are usually interesting!

Bill said...

Historical markers are the best especially when you're at the place they are documenting. Looking forward to seeing the cabin.

Cloudia said...

Oh yes I like all the information too

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like those info signs a lot and always take pictures of them when we're touring historical places. So much good info and it really helps in our appreciation of ..and learning about .. the place. I look forward to seeing the home when you post it...glad it survived .

Jim said...

Important to have these plaques.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

1794! I doubt very much we have any structures that old Pat.. good to know they are looking after it.

21 Wits said...

What a great place to absorb so much history!