Wednesday, December 1, 2021

December Theme: The Future


The December theme for the City Daily Photo Blog community is "The Future" and for this I offer a shot of yet more towers going up in our city. These are on the old Honest Ed's site which I have shown a few times. There are a few more structures still to be started on the scene. The future will see more and more of these. That large house in the front which is covered by ivy was another holdout so it will remain intact.

Taking part in the theme. For more examples from around the world click HERE.

14 comments:

Sharon said...

This looks pretty impressive. It's crazy to think that even more buildings are planned but given the current housing shortage, I guess that makes sense.

eileeninmd said...

Great photo for the future theme.
Have a great day!

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Awesome photo!

Taken For Granted said...

That is an impressive amount of building. That must be valuable real estate. Your photo could be an advertisement for building cranes.

Bill said...

The future is looking grand in that area.

Laura. M said...

Un gran lío de gruas :))
Buena noche Pat.
Un abrazo.

Andy said...

Condos are going up everywhere including here in Pickering.

Tom said...

...all that I can say is that I wish that I had seen Honest Ed's before it was erased off the map!

Cloudia said...

Wow! I think the holdouts make it even more fascinating.

The Furry Gnome said...

If that's the future I think I will stay here in my small town where they know me in the local cafe.

s.c said...

Looks more to the past I think. A very big carbon footprint here.

jennyfreckles said...

I'd hate to live in a high-rise. They are building less of them here, but more (smaller) apartment complexes for seniors.

Jenn Jilks said...

I have fond memories of Honest Ed's!

21 Wits said...

Oh my I've missed this opening on the first day too. I like your post for it!