Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Taking Down The Crane


I often wondered how they remove the crane after a condo has been built and now have the answer - they bring in another crane to do it. This mid rise building has reached its top so a mobile crane was brought in and the building's crane was removed in sections and put onto flatbed trucks. The scary part for me was watching the 2 guys crawling around on the sections of the old crane to attach the cables. Not a job I would do for anything in the world. You can see them in the upper middle of the shot.

13 comments:

Andy said...

Going up and then coming down is a very tricky thing to do.

William Kendall said...

Quite a job to do.

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, that gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

eileeninmd said...

I would be nervous just watching the workers.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Anvilcloud said...

Those guys give that sinking feeling you know where.

Bill said...

Not a job for me. I never thought about how these cranes get taken down. Thanks for sharing, Pat.

Taken For Granted said...

Workers have to attach the lift cables, and then unbolt the crane section. No, not a job I would want either. That's why I stayed in school so I wouldn't have to do things like this.

Jenn Jilks said...

Scary!

roentare said...

That looks like a hazardous job to do

Catalyst said...

I often wondered about the high rise steelworkers. Many of them were Native Americans who seemed to have no fear at all. I can't even look!

Stefan Jansson said...

I have a crane operator as a Flickr contact. He takes a lot of photos while at work.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

A huge crane!

Laura. M said...

Es increíble la altura que pueden alcanzar estas grúas.
Un abrazo.