I think this is a cicada which I spotted walking very slowly across the pavement in a laneway. At first I thought that it was dead but when I got closer to it the poor thing started to walk faster. It has the look of an ancient fossil about it.
Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.

11 comments:
Se ve muy rara.
Buen sábado. Pat
Un abrazo.
Wow, what an unusual insect! Do blog lists work there? They don't work here.
Cicada have an amazing life cycle with seventeen years underground in the pupa stage before emerging as a flying insect that makes the sound we associate with summer. Yes, I think are are a living fossil. Well spotted. They don't live long as insects.
They are hard to see and I rarely spot them. I used to love to find their shells stuck on the side of a tree though. Enjoy your weekend!
It sure looks like an exoskeleton.
Oh gosh, yes it does look like a fossil. I heard some cicadas in the trees when I was in Chicago.
...thanks, a sight that I haven't seen this year.
They are creepy looking! I hear them more than seeing any of them.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I love these guys, they are so noisy, have a nice weekend.
It almost looks like the shell they shed.
i don't know what these are suppose to look like but to me, it does look dead, skeleton dead!! enjoy your sunday!!!
Post a Comment