Saturday, December 17, 2016

Vandals At The Garden Centre

I was at the garden centre this week picking up some boughs from a protected but still outside area where they have all the winter arrangements for sale. As I walked by a huge table of urn arrangements I noticed movement in the display and realized that there was a whole flock of sparrows climbing about among the branches and eating all the seeds off of millet stems. If you look closely in this pic you can see five of the wee vandals. I'm guessing there won't be many seeds left by the time these arrangements are sold.
Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.

19 comments:

Cloudia said...

Thanks for delighting my heart! Have a sweet weekend, P

Christine said...

They probably know there's a Christmas party there every December!

Lowell said...

I'm sorry but this got me laughing! Love those "wee vandals."

Silver in AZ said...

:: phew :: glad the vandals were just wee sparrows. :)

Sharon said...

Oh yes, I see those little guys. They've found a feast!

GreenComotion said...

Vandalism at its cutest!
Lovely find, Pat.
Have a Happy Weekend.
Peace :)

Andy said...

When you are hungry everything is fair game.

Bill said...

Cute little vandals. They know where to be this time of year :)

Gosia said...

lovely garden

eileeninmd said...

Hello, that is funny to see the sparrows on the arrangements. They are enjoying those seeds. Great shot! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend. Wishing you and your family a happy Christmas!

Revrunner said...

Like one of those games where you find the hidden objects. :-)

Taken For Granted said...

There is humor in your photo. Took me a minute to identify all five of the vandals, but think I found them.

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Those little rascals!

s.c said...

Well if someone is so nice to set out a snack table why wouldn't the birds use it. Nice and funny shot.

Shammickite said...

How dare they!!!!

William Kendall said...

I see four, but one eludes me for the moment!

Lea said...

Oh my! Perhaps fake birds should be added to the arrangements to explain the missing seeds
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Jack said...

It makes the arrangements more authentic.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

They must be hungry little critters.