Friday, October 1, 2021

October Theme: Winning


The October theme for the City Daily Photo Blog community is "Winning". For my entry I have taken a photo of these ribbons won by one of my older relative years ago at a Special Olympics for one of the counties in our province. He was a challenged individual and was truly special. He won 2 ribbons at the event but also got a green ribbon for every event he entered. He was thrilled with the day. 

Taking part in the October theme. Click HERE to see more examples of winning from around the world.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. I expect you were quite thrilled for him too.

Tom said...

...he sounds like a winner.

Jim said...

Good for theme day.

William Kendall said...

Well chosen for the day.

Lea said...

A nice bit of family history!
Have a wonderful day!

Taken For Granted said...

Congratulations to your relative. Being an Olympian is a great win itself, the ribbons are just a bonus win.

Sharon said...

This is perfect for today's theme. Your relative was a true winner!

Denton said...

This is special. Thank you for sharing. Happy theme day

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Awesome memory.

Bill said...

A winner and a special memory.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

An achievement well worth commemorating.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool! I always only got that I participated. Last time 3 years ago when I walked with soldiers on a 20 km route. Oh, boy - I made it till the end, but... never again. 18 km is my limit! Sadly I don´t even know where the paper went!

s.c said...

Its already a win when you can partake in such an event. A great win.

eileeninmd said...

What a special memory, congrats to your relative for winning.
Have a happy weekend!

Jenn Jilks said...

That is lovely!

Cloudia said...

I would be proud of such a champion in my family should we be so lucky to have one, Pat!