Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A Wonderful Surprise


 I was driving along Geary Ave when I spotted this fabulous art atop a building. Of course I pulled over and went back for a shot. I love it! There was a fellow in the doorway of the building but he was talking to someone who seemed to be a client so I didn't want to bother him but he did call over to me that the piece was coming down that week. I have no artist info at all. Geary Ave is a street with a mixture of mechanics, brew pubs, artist studios, and industrial spaces with a lot of little restaurants starting to turn up. I fear that gentrification will happen but right now it is a fun street.

11 comments:

William Kendall said...

Good timing photographing it.

Stefan Jansson said...

Great with the "floating" third eye.

Taken For Granted said...

Stunning art. Too bad it is not going to be up for long. You have outlined the process of changing land use and gentrification in urban neiighborhoods. Identifying the area early in the process can be very profitable for those investing in real estate.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Awesome!

Sharon said...

What an interesting piece of art. I love the floating 'eye'. I wonder why it's coming down. It's great.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Fabulous! Why take it down????

Bill said...

That's a great piece of art. It's sad that they are taking it down but you caught it just in time. YAY!

Jenn Jilks said...

That is amazing!

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

Great picture of a striking piece of art.

s.c said...

Great work with that floating eye in the middle.

Cloudia said...

Lucky find Pat!