Saturday, April 16, 2022

Bully


This shot was taken in mid March when we still had some snow on the ground. I happened upon a sweet Red Squirrel who was munching on something he had found in the snow and I was getting ready to take a pic of him when this Black Squirrel came along and pushed him away and then proceeded to eat the treat. The little guy went up into a tree and nattered away for a while before heading off to look for food elsewhere. 

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.

12 comments:

Lea said...

Our squirrels are kind of brown, so your black ones are always interesting to see.
Happy Easter!

William Kendall said...

Always an opportunist.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a bully, I hope the Red Squirrel found some other food.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend.

Sharon said...

I'm betting that nattering was full of squirrel expletives.

Taken For Granted said...

Red and Black squirrels don't play well together, especially when food is involved. We only have gray squirrels around here.

Bill said...

I never did like bullies. I feel bad for the one he ripped off.

Cloudia said...

That is a real life soap opera! Nice picture Pat

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

It is lovely colors;-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Well, I never! lol I hope they both found lots to eat!

Anonymous said...

I wonder if it is also called a grey squirrel. Bullying of red by grey is a worldwide problem it seems.

Breathtaking said...

Hello, :=) Oh dear, what a big bully. Survival of the fittest,takes on a new meaning here. I hope the red squirrel found something else to eat.

Villrose said...

The black squirrel looks large. The red squirrels are around here all the time :)