Saturday, August 26, 2023

Not Bumps On A Log


While wandering past one of the smaller ponds in James Gardens I spotted a log floating and thought it looked rather bumpy but when I zoomed in on it realized that it was a quartet of frogs sunbathing. I think they are all Green Frogs with the large male on the left side but I could be wrong so please let me know if I am mistaken. It is always so good to see frogs in the wild. 

Taking part in Saturday's Critters. Click HERE to see more creatures from around the world.

19 comments:

Lea said...

Great photo!
Happy Saturday!
Have a blessed day!

Taken For Granted said...

Frogs are a sign of a healthy pond. I also am happy to see them, but our dry summer has not been good for them here.

Anvilcloud said...

Very nice photo of grumpy-looking critters.

Anne Hagman-Niilola said...

Great find!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There's room for everyone. We usually see turtles so this is a fun sighting. Happy weekend!

Bill said...

What a great capture. I haven't seen a frog in years.

21 Wits said...

I'm betting they sang a lovely song for you! I can almost hear them myself!

Sharon said...

That's a fantastic find. They look so happy out there sunning their backs.

Cloudia said...

A quartet of frogs! I love it and you Pat. Aloha!

Michelle said...

Those are some good looking/healthy frogs :)

jennyfreckles said...

They look a good size. Our frogs here are often tiny.

Debbie said...

what a GREAT image...the colors are amazing!!

Susan Kane said...

At first, I thought it was a alligator hosting the frogs. Beautiful creatures. We heard the spring peepers in the pond near our farmhouse.

roentare said...

Such a harmonious image!

William Kendall said...

They look quite zen.

Iris Flavia said...

Did you kiss and found a Prince? ;-)

s.c said...

At least they are having a good time in that spot.

Jenn Jilks said...

Those are fun! I love frogs.

GreenComotion said...

LOL! Not bumps, but beautiful frogs indeed! Great find, snap and share. Have a Great Sunday, Pat.