Thursday, March 27, 2014

Art In The Stairway

There are 3 staircases in the Artscape Youngplace building which I showed you yesterday. Each has been given over to an individual artist for the installation of work. This central stairway has 5 access points and was given to Melissa Fisher who decorated from top to bottom with a wonderful array of shapes and forms each cut out of vinyl. I particularly liked this piece, made up from different elements, which was on the top landing but as you can see she also ran shapes along all the railings and above the baseboards. The whole staircase was like a magical place as you ascended! 

14 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Wonderful piece!

TexWisGirl said...

very cool and striking!

Karen said...

It does rather resemble a motif from a castle doorway!

Sharon said...

I like this very much.

Taken For Granted said...

Most interesting unique stairway. Wouldn't tire looking at this art work.

Anonymous said...

Lots of exercise to be had too, walking up and down admiring the artwork!

Halcyon said...

I like the black and white painting with the colorful handrails. :)

Revrunner said...

Looks like an eye chart.

Deb said...

Very symmetrical, like the extra touches on handrail and skirting boards.

Lowell said...

I like it also. Though it has a lot of different designs, it is still clean and vibrant. I'm wondering if it has some special meaning to Ms. Fisher.

William Kendall said...

It's a fascinating design!

Randy said...

I love this desing. It almost has a Native American feel to it.

cieldequimper said...

Randy just stole my comment! I wouldn't mind having this at home!

Laura. M said...

They have done good decoration!!!