Monday, April 14, 2014

A Community Mural

This mural decorates the side of a building that borders a city parking lot in the Hillcrest Village neighbourhood which is a lovely well-treed older area centred around St Clair Ave. St Clair is peppered with restaurants and small independent stores along here and is also the site of a controversial streetcar line that is totally separated from car traffic, something that divided the opinions of homeowners and the businesses as to its effect on traffic movement. So it is fitting to see the front of a #512 streetcar in the mural!
Taking part in MondayMurals. Click here for more murals.

21 comments:

Sharon said...

It's like a little city of it's own.

Revrunner said...

Nice the way the street name and number appear to be worked into the mural.

Gabriel S. Ignácio said...

It's awesome.
I like too when people use community places to do a such nice thing/art, it really inspires me :)

Karen said...

Really colourful, brightens up the parking lot!

TexWisGirl said...

wow! that really covers the entire building! :)

Anonymous said...

Very vibrant, I love all the smiling faces too!

Lúcia said...

The kind of thing that makes me smile. ;-)

Marleen said...

Very impressive mural, I love it.

cieldequimper said...

I want that one! It's so joyful!

Jack said...

This is bright and colorful. I like that it was designed as if each module was a different dwelling or shop.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Good to see a dull inner city area brightened up.

ArtandArchitecture-SF.com said...

How Fun!

William Kendall said...

Amazingly vibrant!

Randy said...

That's a fun one.

La sonrisa de Hiperion said...

Estupendas todas las fotos.

Saludos.

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Wow - that's busy. Not sure I'd like that near me - definitely too bright after too many beers. Congrats on passing 1500!

EG CameraGirl said...

Cheerful, bright and certainly says a lot about the neighbourhood it's in.

Laura. M said...

A lively and cheerful mural:)))

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I like that the artist created a village under the village sign. Thanks, Pat, for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

Gunn said...

A big SMILE from me in Stavanger too:)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love it Pat.. I don't care what anyone says, murals really do brighten up otherwise boring walls.