Saturday, April 12, 2014

An Indoor Square

I showed you a fellow sleeping by a fountain a couple of weeks ago and if you look carefully that is him on the left side of the fountain. I thought I would give you a bit of context and show the whole area. This is Sam Pollock Square, located in Brookfield Place which is also the site of the Hockey Hall of Fame which I showed a while back - Sam Pollock was the longtime manager of the Montreal Canadiens hockey team. The square, as well as the atrium in Brookfield Place, was designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava and is one of the most beautiful indoor spots in town. 

16 comments:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

It is a very appealing spot.

TexWisGirl said...

wow! it reminds me of man-made palm trees. :)

Sharon said...

What a beautiful place! I love all the natural light and the amazing architecture.

Revrunner said...

Yes, the open arches mimicking the fountain is just splendid!

Lowell said...

It's gorgeous. I can imagine how popular this must be in the dead of winter!

cieldequimper said...

Hear, hear, it is absolutely gorgeous. I do wish I had something modern to photograph in Versailles...

William Kendall said...

Oh, so that's where it was. The arches in this place are amazing!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Been there many times but your photo is gorgeous!

Jack said...

It is a spectacular environment, RedPat. Thanks for showing it.

Randy said...

I like the way the light fills the space.

EG CameraGirl said...

It truly is attractive, RedPat.

Halcyon said...

I love Brookfield place. So sunny and light! They really dida great job designing it.

The Greenockian said...

Gorgeous!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

That's stunning. Unusual adjective for modern architecture?

Karl said...

Spectacular, this looks really great!

Laura. M said...

It has a lovely light!